Monday, December 3, 2012

Money Saving Meals: Menu Plan 12/3-12/9

balsamic beef stew

This week I have really been trying again to use things that I already have.  I really want to see my couponing and stocking up paying off this month.  I know it's not much help to you since I'm not eating around this week's sales, but hopefully some of the simple and limited ingredient recipes below can help you with your meal planning and grocery budget this week.

My goal for each week in December is to only spend $25 on my weekly groceries.  Shouldn't be too terribly hard considering it's the holiday's and we'll be eating a lot with our families.

Here's this week's menu plans.




Monday - Brushetta Chicken Bake (I've been trying to make this, but haven't had a chance to yet, so tonight it is!!)

Tuesday - Leftovers (Chicken Bake & Sausage Hoagies from Sunday night)
**Make leftover night a little more fun - Eat & Watch your favorite Christmas movie as a family! Dinner's a little more fun  in the living room.

Wednesday - Balsamic Beef Stew

Thursday - Fettuccine(Simple Homemade Alfredo Sauce), Salad & Rolls

Friday - Out to Dinner

Saturday - Dinner at Family's house

Sunday - Spaghetti, Salad & Rolls


Along with planning for dinners, I've also planned out breakfasts, lunches and snacks.  I'm hoping this helps me keep within my weekly budget.  I always end up buying way more than we can eat within a week, and then it goes stale(example: 4 random bags of half-eaten chips, shoved at the bottom of my pantry.)

So far, I've gotten most of my grocery list from Aldi and I've spent $15.64.  I still have a few more items, but should be within my budget for this week.

No comments: